True Mentor


True Mentor

Teachers are always in abundance but true mentors like you are very rare,
To have you as a mentor can be a sheer luck or result of some generous prayer.

I feel blessed that even being an alien I was awarded equal attention and care,
Your sincere words and comments work as an ally even during time of despair.

You taught me with your actions to be patient yet attentive and hardworking,
Your relentless efforts to solve any problem, work both as motivation and inspiration.

Your direct or indirect education about complexity of life and career,
And continuous encouragement helped me to overcome all my barriers.

Your insight about keeping on task, setting goal and priorities,
And your easy accessibility opened doors to many new learning opportunities.

I’ll always be indebted to God for the care and attention that I got through you,
I pray to Lord that success in every field of life should be awarded to you. 


Sincerely, 
Ranjita Sharma
03/02/2011

This poem is dedicated to my mentor in my office.... I wish everyone should have a mentor like I have.